Sponsored by IBM
#StrongerTogetherRT is the official hashtag of the Nonprofit Roundtable 10th Anniversary Summit!
Roundtable members are invited to create in-house videos that express your vision of the nonprofit sector of the future. The winning video will be shared widely within the nonprofit community and with the media to promote our collective contribution to the Washington region.
A panel of professional filmmakers will select three winners, who will receive cash awards for your organization, thanks to generous support from IBM. Winners will be announced at our 10th anniversary summit on Oct. 10.
First Prize: $2,000
Second Prize: $1,000
Third Prize: $500
10th Anniversary Video Contest Criteria
1) The video must be 30 to 90 seconds
2) The video must express your vision of Greater Washington's nonprofit sector of the future.
3)The video must mention the "visibility," "influence" and "strength" of the nonprofit community.
4) Be as creative as possible. This may include (but is not required – or limited to) music, animation or celebrity spokespeople. The video may be provocative, poignant, humorous or edgy. It will ultimately be judged on its ability to promote the sector and engage viewers.
5) The videos must be created and submitted by Nonprofit members or affiliates Nonprofit Montgomery and Nonprofit NoVA.
6)The video is not intended to promote your individual organization and should not mention your nonprofit by name. However, it may show off the talent of your staff and feature them, your interns, volunteers, board members or others in the video.
7) The video may not be produced by a professional video production company, even if their services are offered pro bono.
8) When your video is complete, upload it to either youtube.com or vimeo.com.
9) You must submit your video via this form by 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 7 to be eligible.
Get Your Creative Juices Flowing
Watch these videos, or look for others on YouTube and Vimeo, to get your inspiration.
"Do One Thing-Everything" Invest in Baltimore campaign, Baltimore Community Foundation
"United Front" campaign, Twin Cities United Way
Massachusetts Nonprofit Network with Red Sox GM
Give to the Max Minnesota
Children Need a Bailout Too, Children's Defense Fund
Connect, Learn and Change NTEN spot, Nonprofit Technology Network
Destination Marketing=Passion, Impact, Innovation, Destination Marketing Association International